Kindergarten registration will be held at your local neighborhood elementary school on two dates:
- Monday, March 4, 2013 from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. and
- Tuesday, March 5, 2013 from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Registration packets may be found on the school district website, or picked up in the Main Office of your neighborhood school beginning Wednesday, February 11, 2013. Completed registration papers should be brought with you at the time of registration.
KINDERGARTEN ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
A child whose 5th birthday falls on or before Oct. 1 may be admitted to kindergarten in September of that year.
You will need to bring:
- A copy of your child’s immunizations.
- An original birth certificate, or passport, to establish proof of age.
- A lease, a deed, or a current tax bill from your residence. (An Affidavit of Residency from the Superintendent of Schools if the residence where you are living is in someone else’s name.)
Two of the following additional documents:
- telephone bill, or
- bank statement.
Children entering kindergarten must provide evidence of having the following immunizations: (Students who have not met all immunization requirements shall not be permitted to attend the first day of school.)
- DPT - a minimum of 4 doses of DPT - one dose must have been administered on or after the fourth birthday.
- Polio - a minimum of 3 doses of polio vaccine provided at least one dose is given on or after the fourth birthday.
- Measles - 2 doses given after the first birthday (preferably MMR).
- Rubella - at least one dose (preferably MMR) given on or after the first birthday. Mumps - at least one dose (preferably MMR) given on or after the first birthday.
- Hepatitis B - 3 doses prior to entering kindergarten. Varicella - 1 dose after first birthday.
- Mantoux - PPD tuberculin – For children born in some countries outside the USA (Check with School Nurse)
- A physical examination, done by your family physician, must be presented to your school prior to attendance in September.
If you have any questions please call Joni Benos in the Superintendent’s Office 973-263-7200 ext. 7250.