5 Things You Should Know This Week
Information to get you through the next seven days
Happy Monday, Parsippany. It's Valentine's week, so the most important thing to know is this: Do not forget to do something fantabulous for your sweetie pie. But of course, there is much more than Cupid's holiday going on this week. Read on...
- Your weekly weather watch, courtesy of the National Weather Service, says we should not have much to worry about this week. The forecast through Friday shows a week that should be dry, mostly sunny and with highs ranging from the low to mid-40s.
- Interested in the workings of your municipal government? Keep abreast of what's happening regarding the township's master plan at the Planning Board meeting. The meeting takes place Monday. The next night, the Township Council takes up important issues, including Fields of Dreams and a proposed plan to change the ordinance governing the Open Space Trust Fund. The council meets Tuesday. And on Wednesday, the Zoning Board of Adjustment continues its consideration of an expansion plan for Corigliano Towing at 30 Intervale Road. All of these meetings take place at 7:30 p.m. at Town Hall, 1001 Parsippany Blvd.
- Celebrate the launch of a new partnership between the Parsippany Area Chamber of Commerce and Care One: the Parsippany Area Visitor Center Annex, which offers local business and tourism info. The free event also features the grand opening for Care One’s Morris ALF assisted-living residence for seniors. Come out and enjoy the fun Wednesday from 4:30-6:30 p.m. at 200 Mazdabrook Road.
- A fan of American Mah Jong? If you are 18 or older, you're invited to a weekly game every Thursday at 2 p.m. at the Parsippany-Troy Hills Free Public Library at 449 Halsey Road. Please bring your own Mah Jong card if you wish to play. For more details and to register in advance as required, please contact Judy Fenelon at 973-887-5150 x211.
- If you live in Lake Hiawatha or shop at Super Foodtown at 450 N. Beverwyck Road, you may have already availed yourself of the personal approach to service offered at Hiawatha Pharmacy, which is located inside the supermarket. Well, the independent drug store marks its official grand opening with a ribbon-cutting, music and more. Come out, learn about the pharmacy's services and meet pharmacist Atta Rehman, who is looking forward to meeting you. The party runs for three days: Friday 3:30-8 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m.-3 p.m.