Generator Sparks Fire at Whitewood Drive Home
Parsippany Police say no one was injured in the incident.
Three Parsippany fire companies were called to a home on Whitewood Drive in the Morris Plains section of the township at about 9:30 a.m. Thursday after a report of a fire.
Parsippany Police spokesperson Ptlm. Earl Kinsey said the cause of the fire was a generator in the home's garage.
A landscaper saw the fire and informed the homewowner, who evacuated the building, said Kinsey, adding that no one was injured in the incident.
The patrolman said the generator's exhaust was too close to combustible material in the garage, which started the fire. He added that there was a great deal of smoke, but actual flames were contained to the garage.
Residents are reminded to use generators carefully and safely.