No Injuries in Condo Fire, Cops Say
Police say March 9 Emily Place residential fire was accidental.
Parsippany Police report no injuries following a structure fire at an Emily Place condominium on the evening of March 9.
Just after 7 p.m., the District 5 and District 6 fire companies responded to the scene to battle a blaze whose flames were spotted coming from the first floor of the building by Par-Troy police officers, according to the PPD statement. Also there to assist was the Boonton Fire Department.
Police said the fire appeared to be coming from the living room where a window had already been broken by the heat, adding that officers entered the home in hopes of evacuating anyone inside. According to the report, no residents were found there, but officers could only travel about 10 feet due to the heat and smoke.
Department spokesperson Ptlm. Earl Kinsey reported that Officer Michael Sprung found a garden hose, turned it on and placed it through the burning structure's window in an attempt to contain the blaze.
The firefighters were able to extinguish the fire in short order, Kinsey said.
After the blaze was knocked down, the report said firefighters searched the condo and found no one inside. No one was injured, according to police.
An arson investigator determined that the fire was started accidentally due to an electric candle that had been plugged into a wall outlet.