Random Acts of Kindness in Parsippany
Use the hashtag #PatchRandomActs on Facebook or Twitter to spread the word about a selfless act you witnessed or experienced in your town.
Have you noticed your friends or neighbors making a difference in the township? Patch wants to know about it!
Whether it's taking a stray dog to a shelter, taking out trash for a sick neighbor, making a contribution to the local Girl Scout troop or helping out in a community garden, every random act of kindness is appreciated by the community.
We want to see how many random acts we can inspire across the United States in the 905 communities Patch covers. If you know of someone who has done a good deed in or near Parsippany, tell their story in the comments section below. Also, be sure to spread the word on Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag #PatchRandomActs.
To keep the momentum going and it pay it forward yourself, here are some ways you can help others in the community:
- Offer your volunteer services to area seniors at the Parsippany Community Center. The town's Human Services office can tell you what's needed, be it donations to the local food pantry or spending time with a lonely senior citizen. Call 973-263-7163 to see how you can help.
- Morris Habitat for Humanity can always use assistance from residents who want to make a difference for those in need of affordable housing. For information go to the website at www.morrishabitat.org or contact Melissa Ailiff, Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative Coordinator, at 973-891-1934.
- Parsippany has a number of service-oriented organizations that provide lots of opportunities to do kind acts for the community. Among them are the Rotary Club of Parsippany-Troy Hills, the Kiwanis Club of Greater Parsippany, the Woman's Club of Parsippany-Troy Hills and the local Sons of Italy chapter. Contact the group that most interests you and tell them you want to get involved.
- Similarly, area nonprofits and community service institutions consider it a massive kindness when citizens offer time and treasure to help their efforts. Volunteering your time is invaluable and needed, but pulling out one's checkbook can be an act of kindness too. Here are a few suggestions of the community oriented nonprofits serving Parsippany:
- Additionally, area houses of worship provide a wealth of ways to give back to the community. Just contact the church, synagogue or mosque of your choice and surely they'll give you ideas for ways to do a mitzvah for one or many of your neighbors in need. A short list of faith communities includes:
- Temple Beth Am
- St. Ann Church
- St. Andrew Lutheran Church
- United Methodist Church of Parsippany
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Congregation Shaya Ahavat Torah of Parsippany
- St. Andrew Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Temple Adath Shalom
- Parsippany Presbyterian Church
- Jam-E Masjid Islamic Center, Boonton
- Parsippany Christian Church
- Gospel Korean Presbyterian Church
- BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir
- St. Christopher Church
- Bethel Assembly of God
- Chinese Christian Church of New Jersey
- St. Peter the Apostle Church
- St. Gregory's Episcopal Church
- First Baptist Community Church
- New Apostolic Church
- Parsippany Baptist Church
Want more ideas for making kindness your path toward creating a better world? Check out the Random Acts of Kindness website.