When looking at your Morris County dream home, getting a home inspection is a very important step in the buying process. It is crucial to hire a qualified individual or company to inspect your potential home. Below is a list of things to keep in mind to ask your potential inspector.
1. What are your qualifications?
2. How many home inspections do you perform in a year in homes similar to mine?
3. Can you provide a list of references that we can contact?
4. What is your turnaround time to receive the report?
5. What will be included in the report?
6. How much will the report cost?
Your home inspector will perform a visual inspection to determine the condition of your home. To better understand what may be included in your report and what the inspector will look for, see the list below.
- Foundation and Framing
- Roofing and Flashing
- Gutters and Drainage
- Decks and/or Porches
- Driveways and Sidewalks
- Doors and Windows
- Stairs and Railings
- Ceilings and Walls
- Heating and A/C