Invite a friend
2013 Zoning Board of Adjustment Meetings
More About Parsippany-Troy Hills Town Hall
As a township operating under the Faulkner Act, Parsippany-Troy Hills has a paid, full-time mayor and five township council members.
The mayor and council meet twice a month on Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m at town hall.
As in all Faulkner Act municipalities, citizens in the Mayor-Council system have the right to propose ordinances without action by the mayor and council. A resident may prepare and submit a petition signed by 10 percent of the registered voters who turned out in the last general election in an odd-numbered year. Once the petition is submitted, the Township Council can vote to pass the requested ordinance. If the members opt not to vote on the mesaure, it goes directly to the voters.
Below is a list of officials and township boards and committees.
James R. Barberio (term expires 2013)
Brian Stanton (term expires Jan. 2015)
Council Vice President
Vincent Ferrara (term expires 2013)
Paul Carifi Jr. (term expires Jan. 2015)
Michael J. dePierro (term expires Jan. 2015)
Jonathan Nelson (term expires 2013)
Official Township Boards & Committees
Planning Board (973-263-4286)
Board secretary—Peggy Mader
The planning board is responsible for administering, updating and enforcing the township's master plan. The board also reviews all sub-divisions and site plans. There are nine members and two alternates appointed by the mayor on the planning board. The board consists of the mayor, a council member, an administration representative and six town residents.
Planning Board members: Kaushik (Casey) P. Parikh (chairman), Kenneth Purzycki (vice chairman), members Mayor James Barberio, Robert Burns Jr., Linda Bronfman, Robert Keller, Ed Corcoran and Councilman Michael J. dePierro, along with alternates Dominic Mele and Milin Shah.
Zoning Board of Adjustment (973-263-4289)
Board secretary—Harriet Jacobs
The zoning board of adjustment reviews all applications in regards to zoning ordinances. The board listens to appeals, grants variances and rules on "use" applications. The board consists of seven regular members and two alternates who are appointed by the township council.
Zoning Board of Adjustment members: Robert Iracane (chairman), Michele Jennrich (vice chairman), members Bernard Berkowitz, Steve Dickens, Loretta Gragnani, George F. Kimmey and Saurin H. Pathak, along with alternates Steve Cappadonna and Brian Kelley.
Other committees include:
Business administrator—Jasmine Lim (973-263-4391)
Building and Construction Office (973-263-4366)
Construction official—Edward Corcoran, P.E.
Clerk/Registrar's Office (973-263-4357)
Municipal Clerk—Yancy Wazirmas
Engineering Division (973-263-7266)
Township engineer—Justin Lizza, P.E.
Chief financial officer—Ruby A. Malcolm, CPA, CMFO (973-263-4283)
Tax collector's office—Terence M. Whalen (973-263-4252)
Tax assessor's office—Daniel S. Cassese (973-263-4772)
Zoning Division (973-263-4373)
Zoning officer—Jennifer Collins
Other events here
- 2013 Planning Board Business Meetings February 25, 2013 / March 18, 2013 / April 22, 2013 / May 20, 2013 / June 17, 2013 / July 15, 2013 / August 19, 2013 / September 23, 2013 / October 14, 2013 / November 18, 2013 / December 16, 2013, 7:30 pm
- 2013 Planning Board Workshop Meetings February 11, 2013 / March 4, 2013 / April 8, 2013 / May 6, 2013 / June 3, 2013 / July 1, 2013 / August 5, 2013 / September 9, 2013 / October 7, 2013 / November 4, 2013 / December 2, 2013, 7:30 pm
- Check Your Kid's Car Seat Safety Sat, Jun 8, 10:00 am–2:00 pm
- 2013 Township Council Agenda Meetings February 5, 2013 / March 12, 2013 / April 9, 2013 / May 7, 2013 / June 11, 2013 / July 9, 2013 / August 13, 2013 / September 10, 2013 / October 1, 2013 / November 12, 2013 / December 10, 2013, 7:30 pm
- 2013 Regular Township Council Meetings January 15, 2013 / February 12, 2013 / March 19, 2013 / April 16, 2013 / May 14, 2013 / June 18, 2013 / July 16, 2013 / August 20, 2013 / September 17, 2013 / October 8, 2013 / November 26, 2013 / December 17, 2013, 7:30 pm