The township will be holding the public hearing and second reading of an ordinance on Tuesday night that will appropriate $9,626,941 to acquire property through the FEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant Program and County Open Space Flood Mitigation Program. The acquisition will be by purchase and/or elevation of properties and includes structures, work, equipment and materials necessary.
The Parsippany-Troy Hills township council meets on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.
Girl Scout Troop No. 4383, troop leaders and the Morris County Smoke-Free Parks Coalition will make a presentation to request parks and playgrounds in the township be declared smoke-free.
Also, there will be a presentation on the 2014 Employee Medical and Dental Benefits with Fairview Insurance and IDA.
Also, here are some of the resolutions to be approved on Tuesday night:
- award a contract to purchase one new/unused 4WD crew cab pick up truck with two light towers for rescue and recovery squad
- authorize change order no. 1 for a roof replacement at the municipal building
- approve the submission of applications to the NJDEP for individual freshwater wetlands permit and a flood hazard area permit in connection with Edwards Road
- award a contract for professional architectural services
- authorize the schedule of township council meetings for 2014