Getting through a severe storm is never easy. We hope the following list of contacts and information will make surviving Sandy a little less difficult.
Parsippany-Troy Hills on the Web: Town website will have updated information at www.parsippany.net.
Parsippany's Office of Emergency Management is online at www.parsippanyoem.org/. The Par-Troy OEM has established an Emergency Operations Center at police headquarters for the duration of the hurricane and it will be staffed 24 hours a day. If you need water pumped out of your basement or home, dial the main police number at 973-263-4300. 9-1-1 should ONLY be used for life- threatening emergencies and crimes in progress!
The Parsippany Police Department offers a number of communications outlets:
- Parsippany Police Department Website
- Parsippany Police Facebook
- Parsippany Police Twitter
- N.J. Office of Emergency Managment
JCP&L Outage Map: http://outages.firstenergycorp.com/nj.html
If you lose power, don't assume the utility knows: Call the Outage Line at 1-888-LIGHTSS.
- Everything You Need to Know About Hurricanes [Video]
- Parsippany Closings & Cancellations
- Tips for homeowners using natural gas
- Help for People Requiring Power for Medical Reasons
- Safe Places for Pets During the Storm
- Eating During the Storm
- And rely on Patch: Six Ways to Use Patch during Sandy