Does your elementary school student have a creative bone? Have them participate in the poster art contest for the Fifth Annual “October Tails” event.
The October Tails event is a Halloween-themed dog walk and costume contest on Sunday, Oct. 20 from 12:30-4:30 p.m. in Verona Park. “Proceeds benefit Paws for Patients, a canine pet therapy program available free of charge to patients served by Barnabas Health Hospice and Palliative Care Center,” said Barnabas Health.
The contest is open to elementary students throughout Essex, Morris and Union Counties. Here are the rules for the contest:
- Original artwork should be completed on an 8 ½ x 11 sheet of paper
- Artwork should depict a real or imaginary dog(s)
- Students may use watercolor, tempera, color pencils, crayons, and/or charcoal.
- There will be winners in four categories: Funniest, Most Original, Most Heartwarming and Best in Show
- The winner in each category will get a $50 gift card to amazon.com.
- The deadline for submissions is Monday, Oct. 14.
Entries should be mailed to:
Barnabas Health Hospice
Attn: Development Dept.
95 Old Short Hills Road
West Orange, NJ 07052
Due to the number of entries, posters cannot be returned. For more information please call 973-322-4792 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
October Tails features:
- children’s activities
- agility demonstrations
- obedience games
- a pet caricaturist and more.
The guest host is Maria Milito of Q104.3FM and for more information visit octobertails.com.