The Harvest Moon peeked out through the clouds Wednesday night. It’s the final full moon before the fall equinox and is just a few days before the official start of autumn.
To mark the new season, Parsippany-Troy Hills Township is hosting its 12th annual Fall Festival on Sunday from noon – 5 p.m. on North Beverwyck Road. in Lake Hiawatha.
However, the festival took a hiatus for a while due when it was cut in 2010 because of fiscal constraints after an 8-year run. The festival was reinstated after then-10-year-old Jamie Yenzer approached Parsippany Mayor James Barberio about restoring the festival.
With help from the community, the festival is back on. Check out this video of Yenzer's chat with Barberio. Proceeds of this day will be donated to non-profit groups in the town.
The festival features children’s rides, food vendors, crafters and local businesses. You can park at Parsippany High School or the commuter parking area located on the corner of Rt. 46 and South Beverwyck Road. Shuttle buses will transport festival attendees to and from the event.
Keep in mind the following traffic restrictions
and temporary parking rules will be in effect on Sunday for safety reasons:
- North Beverwyck Rd. will be closed to all vehicular traffic from Vail Rd. to Longview Ave. from 8 a.m. until p.m. It is strongly recommended that residents of North Beverwyck Rd. park their vehicles on a side street if they plan on utilizing their vehicles this Sunday.
- Traffic that would normally travel on North
Beverwyck Rd. will be detoured onto Knoll Rd. from 8
a.m. to 6 p.m.
- To access the Foodtown located on North Beverwyck Rd., vehicles will be detoured From Vail Rd. to Rockaway Pl. to Condit Ave. to Crescent Dr. and into the Foodtown parking lot from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Parking on side streets located in the immediate area of the Fall Festival will be restricted from 2 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday as to not hinder the passage of emergency vehicles in the area. Parking restrictions will be indicated by temporary signage placed along roadways that are subject to the restrictions.
- Parking in the Township of Parsippany-owned commuter lot located on Minnehaha Blvd. between North Beverwyck Rd. and Washington Ave. is prohibited between 2 a.m. and 7 p.m. this Sunday.
- Registered vendors will be directed to enter the area of the event beginning at 8:30 a.m. from Roosevelt Ave. to Lake Shore Dr. Vendors will be required to sign-in at the corner of Lake Shore and Roosevelt Ave. before they proceed to North Beverwyck Rd. to set up their displays.
- Pets, skateboards and bicycles will not be permitted on North Beverwyck Rd. from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. during the event.