How far would you go to support Breast Cancer Awareness?
For one Fiserv Card Services leader, he donned a pink dress on Sunday for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer in Parsippany after losing a bet he made at work.
“The bet started at a meeting. At a weekly meeting, I mentioned that I’d be leading a team—Bosom Buddies 2013,” said Kiki Holloway, Training Supervisor for Fiserv. “One of our leaders, Chris Ramsdale challenged our team saying, ‘If you raise $5,000 for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, I’ll wear a pink dress!’”
In response to Ramsdale’s challenge, Card Services associates “were extremely generous,” said Holloway.
They raised $7,398 and “a female manager donated a pretty pink ruffled dress, Chris’ wife loaned him a white cardigan and a scarf so that he coordinated and Chris graciously wore it while he walked with our team on Sunday,” said Holloway. “and it was a beautiful day.”
Their team comprised of 55 walkers: 27 associates and 28 family and friends.
Holloway’s sister Victoria died in Nov. 2012 from breast cancer.
“She lived—knowing that she was dying—with grace, dignity and resilience. While dealing with breast cancer, Victoria was able to benefit from the information and guidance the American Cancer Society provides to those in the fight,” said Holloway.
Here are the Fiserv associates that participated:
- Nicole Allen
- Shawn Barger
- Pat Beatty
- Barbara Besold
- Hazel Cooper
- Pablo DeLaCruz
- Barbara Drozdz
- Chuck Estell
- Irene Gilchrist
- Kiki Holloway
- Crystal Holman
- Katrina Ireland
- Boris Kogut
- Wanda Landers
- Vanessa Lomastro
- Ida McGrath
- Carla Pasquale
- Jane Ryder
- Geo Valencia
- Kim Carbone
- Shapna Begum
- Aman Pathania
- Niru Patel
- Shelisa Wilkerson
- Lori Hanna
- Chris Ramsdale
- Ray Stitz
In the photo with the table in front of the group, from Left to Right:
- Front Row: Crystal Holman, (kneeling) Katrina and Gianna Ireland, Kiki Holloway, Chis Ramsdale, Kayla, Bella, Keira, Katie and Barbara Drozdz
- Next Row: Kia Cafaro, Kaitlyn and Irene Gilchrest, Ida McGrath, Rayne Cafaro, Lori Hanna, Nigel Landers, Nicole Allen, Jaden and Hazel Cooper, Bertha Cooper, Wander Landers, Aman Pathania,
- Back Row: Boris Kogut, Meredith Shinn, Mrs. Ramdsale, Vanessa Lomastro, Pat and Alan Beatty, Shawn Barger, (hidden behind Hazel) Ray Stitz, Geo Valencia, Shelisha and (hidden)Tannia Wilkerson.
- Not pictured are the photographer: Kelly Ramsdale and Julia, Rachel and Jacob Kogut; and Angela Skelley, Ally and Nicole Estell
Second Photo Left to Right:
- Kneeling in front: Katrina and Gianna Ireland
- Front Row: Kayla, Keira, Chris Ramsdale, Kiki Holloway, Bella Valencia, Katie Drozdz,
- Next Row: Meredith Shinn, Ida McGrath, Aman Pathania , Bertha, Jaden and Hazel Cooper, Nigel Landers, Boris , Julia, Rachel and Jacob Kogut, Lori Hanna, Jane Ryder and Barbara Drozdz
- Next Row: (hidden by Aman) Crystal, Kia and Rayne Cafaro, Tannia Wilkerson, (hidden by Hazel) Nicole Allen, Ray Stitz, Wander Landers, Shelisa Wilkerson, Geo Valencia, Shawn Barger
- Back Row: Mrs. Ramsdale, Pat and Alan Beatty
- Not shown is the photographer: Kelly Ramsdale, Angela Skelley, and Ally and Nicole Estell