- Cistaro is a life long Troy Hills resident
- Age: 36
- Family: I’m married to my college sweetheart, Christina and together we have two daughters who attend Troy Hills Elementary- Ella, 9 and Ashley, 6.
- Education background? I am a graduate of Marist College with a BS in Business Administration/Information Systems.
- Why do you think you are qualified for this position? My skillset for managing people. I know how to build consensus. I won’t play into politics.
- Why are you running for this elected office? To be a good steward of our Parsippany schools and create a lasting impact for my daughters
- What are the three issues that most concern you? Leadership, Achievements, Accountability
Explain your proposed approach to managing these issues:
Our school district needs the best and brightest leadership in all functional areas and at all levels. Leadership is paramount and all else is subsequent. I am committed to utilizing my leadership skills to benefit our schools. Our community needs leaders with convictions and passions to carry out the district’s vision. Our Board will have to select a superintendent to lead our district’s success and carry out the board’s vision. Without the best and most talented leaders, nothing else positive can happen.
Our elected and appointed leaders need to foster achievement within all levels and all areas within their control. We need to benchmark against the best districts, create goals and measure success in key areas for our district. I look forward to setting these goals and metrics. I will focus my efforts on being a responsible financial steward to our district. I will ensure that our teachers, students, and administrators are given the tools needed to succeed.
“Things that get measured, get improved”; therefore we need to constantly ask ourselves how to measure success. Achievement demands accountability, and as such, I will always seek to find ways to measure the results of a policy implementation, procedure, or other board activity.
I will work tirelessly to: create a lasting positive legacy, ensure our schools are the best possible and stay true to my Christian values and beliefs.
Editor's Note: Patch will be posting these candidate questionnaires in the order that they are received back. For candidates who have not heard from Patch, please contact Kim@patch.com.