Free tax assistance will be available to all Parsippany Senior Citizens and low income or disabled persons by experienced and trained AARP-IRS Tax Aides. Sessions will begin Tuesday, Feb. 5 and will continue every Tuesday through Apr. 9 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Parsippany Community Center, 1130 Knoll Road, Lake Hiawatha.
People who wish to use this service should bring the following documents:
1. Social Security Card for taxpayer, spouse and dependents
2. Picture ID (such as a valid driver’s license)
3. Cost Basis information for securities sold in 2012
4. Copies of their completed 2011 Federal and State income tax returns
5. All relevant tax forms such as W-2s, Social Security Benefits Statement (SSA-1099), 1099s, 1098s
6. All information concerning all sources of income such as social security, pension, wages, interest, dividends, capital gains, stock sales and their original cost, medical expenses, property taxes, mortgage interest, and charitable contributions.
7. Tenants should know the amount of rent paid in 2012.
8. If you receive the Property Tax Reimbursement booklet (PTR 1 or 2) from the state, bring the Homeowners Verification form to Town Hall Tax Department to be filled out and stamped, then bring the booklet and form with you to your tax appointment.
Please call Lynne or Colleen for an appointment at 973-263-7351 or 7352.