September 19, 2013 The proposed rezoning of Waterview would permit RD Realty to pave over 80 % of the woodland property to build a mega strip mall. Highlights from September 17th oppositional testimony given at the public hearing during the Parsippany Council meeting are shown below.
· Rob Simon, Attorney - Highlighted Parsippany Planner’s conflict, land use law in support of the protest petition, Parsippany’s violation of land use laws, spot zoning.
· Boris Kushkuley, Ph.D., Biophysicist – Provided mathematical expertise to support protest petition.
· Peter Steck, Community Planner – Certified math expert’s work. Provided testimony that project is illegal 'spot zoning', and in clear violation of Parsippany's Master Plan. Alleged positive fiscal impacts were overstated.
· Eliott Ruga, Senior Policy Analyst, NJ Highlands Coalition - Project is located in an area with 1 to 7.1 million gallons per day water deficit.
· Gary W. Dean, Traffic Analyst –Traffic delays will increase from 53 seconds to more than 26 minutes.
· Keithe Merle, P.E., Princeton Hydro – The Ramopo fault which is still active will potentially place proposed townhomes residents in danger. The very loose soils will not support an unrestricted height retaining wall and will cause Doremus Ridge to collapse with construction. The current storm water management plan will cause Rt. 46 and Intervale Road to flood. The project will require extensive mining. Salt runoff along with heavy metal salt contamination of water supply most likely due to disturbance of naturally occurring elements including Radon above the surficial aquifer.
Citizen for Health, Safety and Welfare