.

Gas Leak Probed in Lake Hiawatha Building

Line snapped inside business under construction, police said.

Parsippany Police report that just before 8:30 a.m. Friday, emergency responders headed to 146 N. Beverwyck Road, where a business under construction was experiencing a gas leak.

Department spokesperson Sgt. Yvonne Christiano said the problem turned out to be a gas line that snapped when an oven inside the building was pulled away from a wall.

New Jersey Natural Gas shut down the building's main gas meter to allow repairs to take place, Christiano said, adding that there were no injuries.

Those responding to the scene included the police and the Lake Hiawatha District 4 Fire Company.

Ezekial Floydman January 25, 2013 at 06:01 PM
It was a dryer not a stove. Like I said before, you should be getting your fire dept information from the corresponding fire district and not the police department. If you contact the chiefs office of any fire district I'm sure they would be happy to give you the correct info. Zeke

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »