Parsippany Police report that just before 8:30 a.m. Friday, emergency responders headed to 146 N. Beverwyck Road, where a business under construction was experiencing a gas leak.
Department spokesperson Sgt. Yvonne Christiano said the problem turned out to be a gas line that snapped when an oven inside the building was pulled away from a wall.
New Jersey Natural Gas shut down the building's main gas meter to allow repairs to take place, Christiano said, adding that there were no injuries.
Those responding to the scene included the police and the Lake Hiawatha District 4 Fire Company.