Another Monday morning, another weekend gone by much too quickly and another new week for which to prepare. Get yourself ready with this recounting of information and events to help get you to the next weekend.
- The National Weather Service says the next week of winter will be, well, weird: According to NWS meteorologists, Monday will have a frosty start and should be a chilly day. After that, a milder midweek with possible rain and temperatures in the low 50s is forecast. Just in time for Saturday and Sunday, the chill is predicted to return. (My mother would call this pneumonia weather. Fifty degrees or not, she would recommend that you stay bundled, and Mom is rarely wrong.)
- Interested in moving and shaking? Monday night's the night, as the presents its annual . Meet and greet the township's leading lights in the business community and enjoy guest speaker Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen. The event will be held at the at 199 Smith Road. Tickets start at $54 for members and $59 for non-members. Be sure to puchase your tickets ahead of time at www.parsippanychamber.org, as the at-the-door price is $64. For more information, call 973-402-6400.
- is the place Wednesday night, when the Zoning Board of Adjustment gathers for its next meeting. Among the items on the preliminary agenda is a request from a Parsippany company to refurbish an existing service station at 1935 Route 46 East and to add a convenience store to the site . If you have an interest in the matter, you'll want to be there. Lucky for you, the public is welcome to attend. The ZBA meeting begins at 7:30 p.m.
- Free tax advice for Parsippany seniors kicks off this week. Tax aides from the American Association of Retired Persons and the Internal Revenue Service will be in town through tax season to help those over 65, as well as low-income and disabled township residents. Sessions start Tuesday and continue each Tuesday through April 17 from 9a.m. to noon at the , 1130 Knoll Road in Lake Hiawatha. The service is available by appointment only, so if you need the help, call Lynne or Colleen at 973-263-7351 or 7352. They can also give you a list of the information you will need to bring with you for your appointment.
- The is also the site for for senior citizens. The township's Office of Health offers the service Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m., but you must call ahead to make an appointment at 973-263-7160.