Need to Register Your Child for School?

The 2012-13 school year kicks off Thursday, and the district has strict rules for getting your student registered.

The new school year begins Thursday, which means there are lots of things for parents to consider and prepare. One of the most important is to make sure one's child is registered in time for the first day.

If your child has not been registered yet for whatever reason, it's time to get to it.

The Parsippany-Troy Hills public school system follows rules set by the .

A parent or guardian must present proof of residency. According to the school district website, individuals must provide one document from Category A (either a contract of home sale, mortgage document or payment book, property tax bill, recorded deed or signed lease) and two documents from Category B (a bank statement with redacted figures to protect privacy, cable bill, credit card statement, driver's license, electric bill, financial account information, gas bill, insurance statement, pay stub, phone bill, vehicle registration, voter card, water/sewer bill or any other evidence of personal attachment to your residence). 

The district recommends bringing copies of the documents, not originals.

You will also need to provide:

  • the prospective student's official birth certificate with a raised seal (not the hospital copy) or a valid passport
  • a completed immunization documentation signed by medical authorities
  • a completed registration form.

When you have all of your paperwork ready, the next step, according to the district, is to contact your neighborhood school, which will take you through the remaining steps of the registration process.

If you have questions, the district recommends contacting your school principal.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »