With January comes the announcement of high-performing students and Parsippany has plenty to be proud of. Here is a list of local students who made it on to the Dean's List and other honors at their respective colleges.
- Marianna Giercyk, a member of the class of 2017, is a music and math major from Denville, NJ. She is the child of Ms. Sandy R Nussbaum-Giercyk and a graduate of Parsippany Hills High School. She made it on to the Dean's List for the Fall 2013 semester at Muhlenberg College. Students must earn a minimum of a 3.5 grade point average (4.0-scale) to attain Dean’s List status.
- Nicole Campisano, a resident of Parsippany has been named to the Fall 2013 Dean's List at Roger Williams University in Bristol, R.I. Campisano is a Foreign Languages major. Full-time students who complete 12 or more credits per semester and earn a GPA of 3.4 or higher are placed on the Dean's List that semester.
- Kevin Bogaert of Parsippany earned the distinction of Faculty Honors for Fall 2013 at the Georgia Institute of Technology. This designation is awarded to undergraduate students who have a 4.0 academic average for the semester.
- Erika Jones, a junior Management major of Parsippany, was among more than 1,900 students from Coastal Carolina University who made the Fall 2013 Dean's List. To qualify for the Dean's List, freshmen must earn a 3.25 grade point average, and upperclassmen must earn a 3.5 grade point average.
- Parsippany resident, Jessica Ariel Berns, has been named to the president's list at James Madison University for the fall 2013 semester. Students who earn president's list honors must carry at least 12 graded credit hours and earn a GPA of 3.900 or above. Berns is a senior whose major is Interdisc Liberal Studies - BS.
- Parsippany resident, Drew Joseph Dembek, has been named to the dean's list at James Madison University for the fall 2013 semester. Students who earn dean's list honors must carry at least 12 graded credit hours and earn a GPA of between 3.5 and 3.899. Dembek is a freshman whose major is Hospitality Management - BS.
- Sung Jae Park, Parsippany resident and a student at Pratt Institute, was among more than 1,000 students who made the President's List in the Fall 2013 semester.
- Robby Ondevilla of Parsippany has been named to the Dean's List at The University of Scranton, which recognizes students for academic excellence during the 2013 fall semester. A student must have a grade point average of 3.5 or better with a minimum number of credit hours to make the Dean's List. The list includes students from the Jesuit university's College of Arts and Sciences, the Kania School of Management, the Panuska College of Professional Studies and the College of Graduate and Continuing Education. More than 1,380 students were named to the 2013 fall semester Dean's List. Ondevilla is a senior with a exercise science major in Scranton's Panuska College of Professional Studies.
- Erin Marcinkiewicz of Parsippany, a sophomore Nursing major at York College of Pennsylvania, has been named to the Dean's List for the Fall 2013 semester. To be eligible for this honor, a student must be registered for at least 12 academic credit hours and earn a semester GPA of 3.50 or higher.