“It is always a great privilege to be able to enhance the curriculum for the excellent educators and students that we have in Parsippany,” said Defillippo.
Some of the grants included funds to purchase
- special tactile paint for desks of Special Ed students creating a whiteboard effect for each individual student (Central)
- Crafting Mind Games (Central)
- Enhanced Learning thru Plants (PHS)
- Enhancing the 4th Grade Common Core (Mt. Tabor)
- a Vanguard Jazz Orchestra mini-Residency (PHHS)
- Wild About Reading (Troy Hills)
- Increasing Spanish Proficiency Thru Immersion, music, and Drama(BMS)
- Informational Text: Take Home bags (Rockaway Meadow)
- Enhancing Learning Thru Technology (Lk. Par)
- Presenting Mr. Frederick Douglas to be viewed by all 10th grade students in the district
The Parsippany Education Foundation, Inc. has a wine tasting event in the spring and fall and a golf outing event in June. Donations are accepted year round and can be mailed to: Parsippany Education Foundation, Inc. PO Box 200, Parsippany, NJ 07054.
Visit www.pef4kids.com for more information or a grant application. Scholarship applications are accepted in the late winter and early spring and you can pick one up in the guidance office at the respective high schools.