- Parsippany-Troy Hills School District is closed through Jan. 1. School starts back up on Thursday, Jan. 2.
- Parsippany-Troy Hills Township Hall is closed Tuesday and Wednesday for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. All state and local government offices will be closed on Wednesday.
- State and local government offices will be closed Tuesday
- Post offices will be open on New Year’s Eve, Tuesday, but most Post Offices will shorten retail lobby hours and close at noon. Regular mail delivery for Tuesday will be unaffected by the change. Post Offices will be closed Wednesday. Only Priority Mail Express will be delivered on New Year’s Day. All Post Offices will be open and regular mail delivery will resume on Thursday.
- All branches of the Parsippany-Troy Hills Free Public Library will be closed on Tuesday.
NJ Transit :
- On Tuesday, there will be a modified weekday schedule with extra midday NY-bound service on select lines. Select morning peak period trains will not operate on NEC and NJCL. Early getaway service from Hoboken on the Pascack Valley and Port Jervis lines and extra evening NY-bound trips on the NEC, NJCL and M&E lines
- On New Year's Day, Wednesday, trains will operate on a weekend/major holiday schedule on all rail lines. Visit njtransit.com for detailed schedules. There will be special late-night trains after midnight on most rail lines
- Holiday bus schedules vary by route — customers are advised to visit njtransit.com for details. There will be additional buses on selected routes from PABT after midnight. Consult timetable or visit njtransit.com
- For details, refer to timetables or check the agency’s website or call 973-275-5555.