Friday, January 25, 2013
Line snapped inside business under construction, police said.
Parsippany Police report that just before 8:30 a.m. Friday, emergency responders headed to 146 N. Beverwyck Road, where a business under construction was experiencing a gas leak. Department spokesperson Sgt. Yvonne Christiano said the problem turned out to be a gas line that snapped when an oven inside the building was pulled away from a wall. New Jersey Natural Gas shut down the building's main gas meter to allow repairs to take place, Christiano said, adding that there were no injuries. Those responding to the scene included the police and the Lake Hiawatha District 4 Fire Company.
Friday, August 10, 2012
Jefferson, Lake Hopatcong fire departments among those that responded Thursday.
- POLICE & FIRE
Friday, August 10, 2012
Several buildings at Picatinny Arsenal were evacuated Thursday afternoon after a construction crew ruptured a gas line, a Picatinny public affairs specialist said Friday. According to Tim Rider, the line was struck Thursday at about 12:30 p.m., and several buildings in the central area of the installation were evacuated." The Picatinny Fire Department, Picatinny Police Department, Picatinny Arsenal Federal Guard and Picatinny's EMS 1 unit responded, Rider said. Jefferson, Mount Arlington, Lake Hopatcong and Warton fire departments also responded, Rider said. The Rockaway ambulance and fire departments also responded, as did NJ Natural Gas, Rider said. The gas leak was contained and confirmed there was no lingering or residual gas, Rider …
Thursday, June 7, 2012
A strong odor was detected in several of the strip mall's stores.
Green Hill Plaza on Parsippany Road is back in business after responders discovered the source of a suspected gas leak in Green Hill Liquors. Parsippany Police and local firefighters evacuated the shopping center while they investigated the stores. Police discovered broken pipes inside the liquor store, which had been having repair work done, according to Chief Ron DiMaggio of Parsippany-Troy Hills Fire District 6. A representative of New Jersey Natural Gas shut the gas off in the store, and patrons and employees were permitted to re-enter their buildings. Green Hill Liquors employees smelled the odor of gas in the air and called authorities. The odor was also detected in Quick Chek and Fusha Sushi Bar. Assisting District 6's squad were …
Monday, December 5, 2011
No injuries were reported in the incident Saturday morning.
A Parsippany warehouse in the Fox Hill Industrial Park had to be evacuated Saturday morning due to a gas leak, reports authorities. The Parsippany Police Department said it received a report of a natural gas leak in a warehouse at 81 Walsh Drive. The property is used by Shred-It, a shredding services company. Officer Edmund Ailara answered the call at about 8:16 a.m. and was directed to a central section of the 44,000 square-foot building, police said. According to department spokesperson Ptlm. Earl Kinsey, Ailara detected the smell of gas and found a leak in a pipe making a hissing sound. The officer reportedly moved quickly to get the warehouse staff out of the building. The District 2 fire company confirmed evacuation of the premises …